Welcome to the Barringtons team – if you’d like more information about any of us please just click on the name and that will give you more information about us, and a (not too scary) picture.
- Philip B Wood FCA, CTA, FABRP, MIPA – Managing Director
- Nick Cooper FCA – Financial Director
- Andy M Bridge BA Hons FCA - Technical Director
- Andrew Wilshaw FCA CTA – Tax Director
- Colin Woodward BSc, CTA – Specialising in VAT, duties and other indirect taxes
- Bob Blackshaw ACIB – Financial Consultant
Accounts and Business Services Team
- Mark Shufflebotham FCCA - Client Services Manager
- Sarah Reynolds - Client Services Manager
- Damien Ball – Client Services Manager
- Michelle Roberts – Client Services Manager
- Darren Roberts FCCA – Client Services Manager
- James Nicholls BSc ACCA – Client Services Manager
- Kirsty Thompson – Client Services
- Kathryn Cooper MAAT – Client Services
- Caitlin Compton – Client Services
- Ben Lack MAAT – Trainee Accountant
- Ellie Mae Parton – Trainee Accountant
- Edward Plant – Trainee Accountant
- Peter Rossiter ATT CTA - Tax Advisor
- Dawn Pursell FCCA MAAT – Client Taxation Manager
- Melanie Hammond MAAT – Client Taxation Manager
- Helen Bridgwood LLB MAAT – Client Tax Manager
- Rebecca Gargini-Hill MSc FCIPP – Payroll Manager
- Jeanette Wyatt - Client Payroll Specialist
- Jennifer West – Client Payroll Specialist
- Wendy Tulley – Client Payroll Specialist
- Andy M Bridge BA, FCA - Technical Director
- Andrew Wilshaw FCA CTA – Tax Director
- Steve Ryan - Client Services Manager
- Alison Galloway- Client Services Manager
- Anne Allwood FCCA - Client Services Manager
- Enid Avery- Client Services
- Stephanie Newstead - Client Services
- Louise Hughes - Client Services
- Sam Nimmo - Client Services
- Ben Smith – Trainee Accountant
- Jordan Evans – Trainee Accountant
- Jo Lovatt - Business Support Manager (NEWCASTLE)
- Des Machin - Business Development Manager (NEWCASTLE)
- Bernadette Roberts - Company Accountant (NEWCASTLE)
- Vicky Holdway – Receptionist/Administration Assistant (NEWCASTLE)
- Kath Goodwin – Receptionist/Administration Assistant (NEWCASTLE)
- Alison Goodman - Receptionist/Administration Assistant (NEWCASTLE)
- Hilary Venables – Receptionist/Administration Assistant (SHROPSHIRE)
- The Benefits of working with Barringtons
We are fully committed to supporting professional development and provide a full and comprehensive study support to all our team members that want to develop and gain professional qualifications. We have team members currently studying for or members of all the following bodies - the Association of Accounting Technicians, MAAT, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, ACCA/FCCA, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, ACA/FCA, the Association of Taxation Technicians, ATT, the Chartered Institute of Taxation, CTA, and the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals, CIPP.We also provide a wide ranging flexible benefits package to all team members to include flexitime where relevant, life insurance (Death in Service), health insurance (through Westfield Health), up to 2 Emergency days per year (you define what an emergency is, we trust you), 22 days annual holiday increasing by a day per year after 6 years to 27 days after 10 years employment, your birthday off as a gift from us and overtime which can be paid at time and a half or taken as time off in lieu.
Salaries are very competitive and your rewards and progress will reflect your ability and the value you bring to our business.
Health care sector specialists
Applicants required at all levels to join our expanding health care sector team – must have experience of dealing with health care professionals accountancy requirements and ideally be familiar with Iris accounting software
Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire office
AUDIT TEAM - Due to continual expansion we have a vacancy for a new team member in our audit department. You will either be a graduate with at least a 2.1 degree in a relevant subject or you will be AAT qualified and have a minimum of two years audit work experience gained in a professional accountancy practice and want to commence or continue training to become a fully qualified Chartered or Chartered Certified Accountant. Experience of Iris, Xero and/or QuickBooks Online would be a distinct advantage but is not essential. Salary/study support/flexible benefits as above.
ACCOUNTS & BUSINESS SERVICES TEAM - We are looking to take on an additional team member in our accounts production team. A comprehensive knowledge of Xero and/or QuickBooks Online is essential as is knowledge of Iris accounts production. You will have at least Level 3 AAT and be looking to commence training as a Chartered or Chartered Certified Accountant once Level 4 has been completed. Salary/study support/flexible benefits as above.
Newport, Shropshire office Semi-senior/Senior
Semi-senior/Senior - We also have a vacancy for a dynamic person with a can do attitude to work with our small team servicing our diverse range of business clients based primarily in our Newport office. Again you will have spent at least two years working in a professional accountancy office and have achieved AAT Level 3 as a minimum. . Experience in any or all the following software packages would be a strong advantage - Iris, Xero and QuickBooks Online. You will have either have started, or be wanting to start once able, training for your full ACA or ACCA accountancy qualifications. Salary/study support/flexible benefits as above.
Please apply by email in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing your application to our Managing Director, Phil Wood, and enclosing your full CV. Please specify the position you are applying for in the header of your email.